Monday, January 30, 2012

Straw, Meet Camel Back

It has been a difficult week to say the very least.  I took a bit of a hiatus from...well...everything!  But, I'm back now and things are tentatively looking up.

I had a jar all ready for the January TUSAL post, but my roommate was being "helpful" and threw it and everything in it out.  Needless to sat I was far from pleased with this.

In slightly better news, my insurance company paid me way more than I was expecting for my car.  Both of my brothers have been in the car business for as long as I can remember, and my oldest brother tracked down a car that fits my specifications and my incredibly tight budget.  We'll be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.  Yay!

In stitching news, I decided to put my current projects on hold.  The Imagine kit's floss is way too thin, so I'll be using the DMC colors listed in the book and cannibalizing the beads from the kit for a "from scratch" project.  I'm still missing a color for another project, so that one's floating.  I'm procrastinating on my Three Frogs because I despise backstitching.

I have been working on something though.


This is the very beginning of the Sun Symbols Bookmark from Bewitching Cross Stitch.  This is also my first time using something other than 100% cotton Aida.  It's an 80/20 "Sand" colored Cotton/Linen, and I have to say it's a lot nicer to work with.  I'll probably be making this into an ornament instead of a bookmark.  The design requires some beads and shiny thread that I still need to order.

I want to do something on a larger scale for my next project.  I just have no idea what that project is going to be.

Also, hello new followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment