Monday, January 16, 2012

Off The Mountain

While I was up in the woods this weekend with 60+ of my geeky friends, we got hit with some moderately substantial snow for the area.  Come Sunday morning when it was time to pack up and leave we ended up waiting for a plow to come clear the road and had a small crowd of people helping others clear off, de-ice, and dig out their cars.  Having never driven in the ice and snow in my rental car before, I was understandably pretty nervous about the drive home.  Luckily it went better than expected and I got home safe.  Late, but safe.  As did everyone else from what I hear.

In crafty news, I picked up the supplies for two new projects.  Well, almost all of the supplies.  I guess DMC 906  is a popular color.  The three stores I visited were all out of stock, including backstock.  I'm making an order from 1-2-3 Stitch later this week, so I guess I'll have to add that in to it.

Anyways, I picked up one of the Joan Elliot kits by Design Works.


Unlike the version in Bewitching Cross Stitch, the kit is done on white Aida instead of hand-dyed blue Jobelan from Polstitches.  I had also picked up some light blue Aida for another project (which is also a unicorn coincidentally) so I substituted that in.  The pattern uses pale colors and beads that would have disappeared  on the white, in my opinion.  This will also be my first beaded project, so hopefully I don't screw it up too much.

As for my other project, I figured I needed something bright and on the easier side so I could work on it during down times at work.  I decided that the unicorn from Robot Unicorn Attack was perfect for this.  You can find the PDF pattern a few posts down on the Sprite Stitch boards here.  I'll also be making this on light blue Aida so the bright colors pop.  I might even get fancy and work out some stars or lettering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment