Saturday, January 7, 2012

(Belated) WIP Wednesday

I promised I would post at least one picture of my current projects, and I will.


Size: 7 inches x 5 inches (18 x 13 cm)
Fabric: 14 count white cotton Aida

I've been working on this off and on during down times at work for a few weeks now.  I had a false start with the frog on the far left and needed to remind myself that the foot bone is not connected to the knee bone.  The single yellow stitch on the purple frog's chest was my center stitch marker, so that'll get picked out soon.

I had originally been working on this in an embroidery hoop.  It kept loosening and making my day difficult.  Then I discovered Q-Snaps.  I've been using the smallest size, which is 6" x 6", which is great for these smaller kits.  You can see a bit of it in the picture above.

I also received my copy of Joan Elliot's Bewitching Cross Stitch in the mail on Friday.  I picked up a majority of the supplies I needed at my local big box craft store this afternoon after I got off of work.  I'll need to order the Kreinik thread and beads online, but that's ok.  It prevents me from diving headlong into that project and forgetting about the ones I need to finish first.

Besides cross-stitch I also knit.  I've been knitting off and on since I was 11, so that'll be...12 or so years now.  Only within the past three years have I actually gotten serious about it.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the two projects I'm working on right now, and to be honest they're pretty boring WIP subjects.  Hopefully I'll have them finished up and ready for pictures come Friday.


2 comments:

  1. Great start on the frogs...looking forward to seeing your progress with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Totally Useless fun! I've added you to the TUSAL guest list!

    By the way...you need to change your comment form. There is a cookie problem interfering with people leaving comments on blogs that use the embedded comment form like yours.

    If you change your comment form to the pop-up type it will help.

    Go to:

    Dashboard
    Settings
    Comments
    Comment Form Placement
    Choose POP-UP WINDOW
    Save

    If you are using the new Blogger interface you will need to temporarily switch back to the old interface before you can do that. (If you see a yellow box at the top of your dashboard that says "Learn More/Swich back" then you have the new interface.

    ReplyDelete