Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

We rarely have snow days in my area, so it was nice to get a text from my boss this morning telling me the store was closed and I had the day off.  My paycheck is going to take a hit, but we should be alright.


This is the view out my bedroom window with bonus shot of my asshole neighbor's truck.  

In car news, my beloved Yellow Beetle was declared totaled this morning.  I knew it most likely was, but I'm still pretty damn sad about the whole thing.  Now begins the painful process of getting my insurance company to give me the check so I can put down for a loan on a new car.

I'll also be canceling my policy, once everything is cleared up that is, with my current insurance carrier and switching over to Manthing's.  Mostly for ease, and for a myriad of other reasons that includes my current carrier willfully ignoring Washington state law concerning insurance.  It's a long, long story on the whole thing that I'll avoid boring ya'll with.

In crafty news, here's what I'm working on:


I've actually had some more progress on my Imagine kit but the lighting is so bad in my apartment that I can't get a picture that doesn't look like mud.  So far I'm really happy that I subbed in blue Aida.  The colors just look so much better on it.


I've also been working on a simple top down baby cardigan for my cousins who are expecting another baby girl in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment