Thursday, February 2, 2012

Head First

First off, I have to rave about the awesome turn around time for orders from 1-2-3 Stitch!  I made an order late Monday night and it got here today.  All the beads and Kreinik thread I need to finish my Sun Symbols and the Scarab that goes along with it, along with the elusive DMC 906.

And this.




I love dragons.  And seeing as it's the Year of the Dragon, I figured that was a good enough excuse as any to pick up this design.  I'll be making the yellow one on the right, but will probably come back and make the blue one at some point.

This will also be the first time I'll be using a non-Aida fabric.  The design calls for 28 count Cashel, but I couldn't find a color I liked, so I grabbed some 28 count "Rainforest" Lugana  from Crossed Wing Collection.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they had already sewn along the edges to keep them from fraying.  Very handy.

I've never done 2 over 2, so this will be a learning experience for me.  Luckily the design is primarily full crosses, with a good smattering of quarter stitches, and of course, backstitching.  Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment